Where: New South Wales, Australia (29.5° S, 151.6° E: paleocoordinates 32.1° S, 151.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• Youngest Tertiary stanniferous lead of the Vegetable Creek tin-field; Upper Tertiary. Beds are generally considered to be of Pliocene age according to Riek (1954).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: pond; lithified, fine-grained, brown ironstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by C.S. Wilkinson, T.W. Edgeworth David
• Repository: Australian Museum, Sydney.
Primary reference: R. Etheridge Jr. and A. S. Olliff. 1890. The Mesozoic and Tertiary insects of New South Wales. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of New South Wales, Palaeontology 7:1-12 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 132306: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 13.08.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)