Where: Montana (47.0° N, 110.0° W: paleocoordinates 42.7° N, 54.0° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Brushy Basin/Salt Wash Member (Morrison Formation), Late/Upper Jurassic (161.2 - 145.5 Ma)
• correlative with Canadian Kootenay, Nikanassin, Tantalus, and Hazelton Group.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, adpression, permineralized
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ), mechanical,
• composite of 4 localities in "central Montana"
Primary reference: W. D. Tidwell. 1990. Preliminary report on the megafossil flora of the Upper Jurassic Morrison Formation. Hunteria 2(8):1-11 [A. Rees/D. Sunderlin/D. Sunderlin] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 24668: authorized by Allister Rees, entered by Dave Sunderlin on 15.08.2002